The ASSP Wisconsin Chapter’s Jobs page provides organizations with a free means of finding qualified candidates to fill their positions while also providing ASSP members access to employment opportunities. To post a notice for an opening in your organization, contact:
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Regional Environmental Heath and Safety Manager
CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager directs the Company’s Safety program, which includes but is not limited to establishing training, policies, practices, reporting and communication. This position manages accident reporting and investigation and provides recommendations to prevent future incidents. The Environmental Health and Safety Manager ensures the company is in full compliance with OSHA and meets other regulatory requirements. The position is responsible for managing Workers Compensation, General Liability and Auto claims.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, implements and interprets company Safety related policies. Ensures compliance with Safety Policies and applicable laws, regulations and standards through regular inspections and safety audits.
- Develops and implements company Illness & Injury Prevention Plan. Ensures IIP requirements are integrated into work processes and SOP’s. Audits on routine basis through branch and worksite visits to ensure consistent compliance across the company.
- Develops and implements Vehicle Safety Program. Ensures vehicle safety is integrated into work processes and SOP’s. Audits on routine basis through branch and worksite visits to ensure consistent compliance across the company
- Acts as consultant with managers and employees regarding safety and regulatory matters.
- Acts as primary point of contact with OSHA and related government agencies. Responds to issues and potential violations, investigates and responds as appropriate within required timeframes.
- Ensures OSHA and related reports are compiled and filed on timely basis. Tracks safety related information, compiles and maintains reports to ensure company leadership is fully informed. Analyzes and reviews trends to identify areas in need of improvement or attention.
- Manages and oversees accident reporting and investigation. Ensures that problem areas are identified and corrected. Works with company leadership to ensure underlying causes are addressed
- In coordination with the Training Organization, develops curriculum for employee safety related training. Maintains safety training records and reports.
- Oversees workers compensation, general liability and auto claims processing and claim management. Coordinates regular claim reviews with TPA, broker and carriers. Acts as primary company representative on claim disposition and/or settlement.
- Provides oversight regarding environmental and hazardous material handling and related matters
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge in the Environmental Health and Safety field.
- Ability to collaborate with others to develop a relevant and meaningful Safety Program, that is ultimately adopted and part of the culture.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-site environment and distributed workforce.
- Can effectively influence others and operate with credibility across a complex organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including platform presentation skills.
- Knowledge of refrigeration and HVAC industry is preferred.
- Driver’s license and good driving record.
- Requires overnight travel approximately 25%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in EHS related discipline.
- 4-10 years experience in EHS
- Experience managing a team preferred.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.