The EHS Engineer will be a leader in the development, deployment and continuous improvement of programs and systems that support environmental, health and safety excellence. Foster a culture of proactivity, accountability, engagement and sustainability through robust programs and processes with the primary goal of reducing loss and liability throughout the assigned region. This key role will lead EHS matters to ensure the Company meets or exceeds legislative, corporate and industry requirements, as well as best practice standards.
- Provide support to the development, implementation and management of safety programs (LOTO, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc.) to ensure compliance with OSHA and applicable environmental standards at multiple locations.
- Manage workers’ compensation loss control program, which includes monitoring claim levels, reducing costs, and early return to work.
- Investigate accidents, prepare and maintain required reports. Identify countermeasure to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide new hire orientation outlining the Company’s high expectations regarding safety rules and regulations.
- Integrate and partner with the EHS team to promote a proactive safety culture focused on incident prevention and regulatory compliance.
- Organize and participate in safety committee activities.
- Develop specific EHS objectives and create actions plans to meet those objectives.
- Maintain, review and report EHS performance, identifying opportunities for improvement along with implementing preventative and corrective actions as required.
- Conduct internal EHS audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work with site leadership team to ensure all key EHS operational controls are in place and EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Develop, deliver and/or coordinate EHS training and training tools.
- Manage and maintain site specific internal EHS systems and reporting tools.
- Assure appropriate countermeasures are properly identified to prevent reoccurrence utilizing a robust incident investigation process including 5-Why root cause analysis.
- Ensure timely coordination of all regulatory or Company required testing and training, including industrial hygiene testing as assigned.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Plans & Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Experience and Skill Required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in occupational safety, environmental science or a closely related field.
- Attention to detail and capability to analyze data and make sound conclusions.
- Strong aptitude for organization, prioritization and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to actively participate in team-oriented processes influence team engagement and to drive team decision making to conclusions/solutions.
- Must possess a theoretical and practical knowledge of all state and federal regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of current safety and loss control practices is essential.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment