Our client is recruiting for a Director of Corporate Safety in Pleasant Prairie, WI. This is a full-time position as an employee of our client and relocation assistance possible within the US.
The incumbent will be responsible for the design, development, management and overall direction and oversight of company wide Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the company.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Occupational Health & Safety, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Six (6) or more years of EHS management experience, specifically in developing and implementing Safety programs in in warehouse or distribution environments
- Demonstrated success managing and developing staff
- Demonstrated success in developing and utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience in manufacturing environments
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, CBSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience management Workers’ Comp programs
- Demonstrated success in an ISO / OHSAS / VPP certified, LEAN facility and Behavior Based Safety environment
- Partner with corporate and site operations leadership and serve as corporate Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Develop, align and implement corporate and local OHS goals and strategies
- Lead, develop and manage local OHS staff members
- Lead OHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding OHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local OHS regulations
- Design, develop and implement employee training programs regarding OHS behaviors and compliance